Family life can be unpredictable, with highs and lows delivered in equal measure. That is why it pays to have a specialist family law solicitor on your side. Our experienced family law experts can guide you through everything from setting up home with your partner to making financial arrangements following the breakdown of your relationship. We can also help resolve disputes about children, including those arising out of adoption and local authority care proceedings.
Adopting a non-confrontational approach where possible, our lawyers are trained to find solutions to even the most challenging of issues, including those involving domestic violence and abuse.
Our team of experienced family lawyers can help with:
- wealth protection via a cohabitation agreement for unmarried couples or a prenuptial agreement for soon to be husbands, wives and civil partners;
- relationship breakdown by guiding you through separation, divorce and civil partnership dissolution;
- financial arrangements as part of your divorce or civil partnership dissolution package;
- disputes about children such as where they should live, who they should have contact with and arrangements where one parent intends to move abroad;
- parenting issues where a parental responsibility order from the court may be needed to ensure both parents have an equal say about decisions affecting their children’s lives, or where there are issues around fertility and surrogacy;
- family care proceedings where a local authority has indicated an intention to remove your child or to put them up for adoption; and
- family safeguarding in cases of domestic violence or abuse.
Alternatives to court
As a firm we believe that that a non-confrontational approach works best when dealing with family law matters, which is why many of our lawyers are members of the family support organisation, Resolution. It is also why, as an alternative to going to court, we regularly resolve disputes via:
- family mediation; or
- collaborative law
When you first come to see us, we will explain the options and explore which approach would work best in your circumstances.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal Aid
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £95 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget. Legal aid may also be available in certain cases and is normally always available for defending care proceedings and taking steps to protect against domestic violence or child abuse
Get in touch
If you need help with a family law matter, please get in touch to see how we can help. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.