Whether you are a small business employing a handful of people or a larger commercial enterprise with significant numbers of staff, complying with employment law is one of your most important duties. As well as ensuring you meet statutory and contractual requirements around pay and conditions, you also need to prevent discrimination, harassment and bullying and implement procedures to ensure grievance and disciplinary matters are handled fairly. Getting things wrong can be extremely disruptive and costly.
With employment law constantly developing, it is important to have an expert adviser on hand to ensure you comply with your obligations. Our team of employment law solicitors can help you do this, by:
- drafting policies and procedures to deal with everything from the rights of new parents to the process for making a flexible working request;
- creating tailored employment contracts and service agreements;
- ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations;
- advising on grievance and disciplinary issues;
- investigating and resolving complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying;
- resolving disputes concerning pay, bonuses, annual leave and pension entitlement;
- advising on the fair treatment of employees on long-term sickness leave;
- defending unfair dismissal and other employment tribunal claims;
- defending personal injury claims brought by employees and visitors to your premises;
- providing representation before professional bodies and industry regulators;
- negotiating severance packages and settlement agreements;
- enforcing restrictive covenants and restraint of trade provisions, including via court proceedings if necessary;
- recovering confidential and commercially sensitive information from former employees;
- preventing infringement of your intellectual property rights;
- addressing data protection issues in the employment context; and
- advising on issues arising out of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) following a business sale or transfer of services.
We can also support you in using mediation as a less confrontational way of resolving employment disputes, including in those cases where discussions with a mediator must have taken place before proceedings can be commenced in the employment tribunal.
You should always seek legal advice on employment law issues as soon as possible as there are strict procedures that must be followed and time limits that must be adhered to.
Advising employers throughout Gravesend, Kent and beyond
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call if needed.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £280 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch with our employment solicitors in Gravesend, Kent
If you need help with an employment law matter, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.