Deborah is a solicitor who specialises in family law. She is highly experienced and has been helping families resolve difficulties as amicably as possible for over 30 years.
As an accredited specialist with the family law support group Resolution, Deborah aims to resolve family disputes in a sensitive, constructive and cost effective way. She is keen to help families avoid going to court where possible and is a trained collaborative law specialist. She is also accredited by the government’s Help and Support for Separated Families initiative and the Law Society Family Law Scheme.
Deborah advises on the following areas of family law:
- wealth protection – to safeguard the financial interests of unmarried couples and couples who intend to marry via cohabitation agreements or prenuptial agreements;
- relationship breakdown – helping couples through separation, divorce and civil partnership dissolution;
- financial settlements as part of the divorce or civil partnership dissolution process – to ensure appropriate financial arrangements are made and that tricky issues around the family home and pension sharing are resolved;
- disputes about children – helping to agree matters such as where children should live, who they should have contact with and arrangements where one parent intends to move abroad; and
- family safeguarding – providing support in cases of domestic violence or abuse.
Examples of recent cases
Deborah has recently:
- helped secure the right of a father to spend time with his children after they were abducted by their mother and he was subjected to false allegations about his behavior;
- obtained a court order which enabled a mother and her children to remain in the family home following a successful application to remove her violent partner; and
- preserved the right of a wife to remain in the family home in a case where her former husband was bankrupt and his trustee in bankruptcy was trying to force a sale of the property.
Family law advice across Kent
Deborah is based in our Chatham office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Deborah, please call 01474 351199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer an initial appointment with Deborah to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT.