Having children is one of life’s great joys but when parents fall out or there are wider family problems, children may be caught in the middle of an acrimonious dispute.
Disagreements can arise about where children should live, who they can see and spend time with, financial arrangements for their maintenance and who needs to be consulted about important decisions.
Reaching an amicable agreement is always preferable to going to court, which is why the family law team at Hatten Wyatt Solicitors in Kent encourage the use of collaborative law and family mediation as a means of settling differences.
Our specialist family lawyers can:
- advise you on your rights to see your child and to obtain a parental responsibility order entitling you to be involved in decisions affecting their life;
- advise you on your options when one parent proposes to live abroad;
- provide unmarried couples advice when it comes to child arrangements;
- take steps to protect your children from domestic violence or abuse;
- assess your personal and financial circumstances to give you an idea of the types of order a court might make;
- support you in exploring options for a negotiated agreement;
- apply to the court for a child arrangements order where a negotiated agreement cannot be reached; and
- apply to the court to enforce the terms of a child arrangements order which is breached.
We can also help grandparents who wish to secure the right to see their grandchildren and offer advice and support to families whose children have been being taken into local authority care or put up for adoption.
Advising families throughout Gravesend, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal aid
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT. Legal aid may also be available in certain cases and is normally always available for defending care proceedings and taking steps to protect against domestic violence or child abuse
Get in touch with our children law solicitors in Gravesend, Kent
If you need help with a family law matter, please get in touch to see how we can help. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.