You need to be organised to run a business, whether you trade through a company, a partnership, as a sole trader or via a not-for-profit organisation. Agreements will be required to govern your relationship with co-owners, trustees, investors and employees, and robust contracts will have to be created to cover dealings with suppliers and customers. Accounts and other reports may need to be completed to comply with legal obligations or as part of the due diligence process if your business is put up for sale; and where additional finance or a new business partner is required to facilitate growth you will need specialist advice to ensure your commercial interests remain protected.
Our experienced corporate and commercial lawyers can help you through the process of setting up a business and provide ongoing support as you grow and develop. By taking the time to get to know you and to understand your strategic objectives we can provide advice geared to maximising the potential and long-term value of your business.
Our corporate and commercial solicitors can help with:
- choice of business structure for new ventures;
- restructuring of established business models;
- company incorporation and establishing a partnership or LLP;
- partnership and shareholder agreements, service agreements for directors and general contracts of employment;
- terms and conditions of trading;
- company memorandum and articles of association;
- corporate finance, including venture capital and private equity investment;
- obtaining relevant licenses;
- joint ventures and other collaboration initiatives, including agency and distribution arrangements;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- a business sale or purchase, including associated due diligence;
- corporate governance, such as directors’ duties;
- company secretarial support;
- company restoration at Companies House; and
- general business consultancy.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call where needed.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £150 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
If you need help with a company or commercial matter, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.