If you have been injured as a result of mistakes made by a medical professional then it may be possible for you to claim compensation for your pain and suffering. You may also be entitled to a refund of costs incurred for any treatment you require to help you recover, any mobility aids or home adaptations needed to help you cope with a resulting disability and compensation for financial losses such as lost wages and future earning potential.
You may also be able to claim compensation on behalf of a relative who has been injured or died because of a medical error.
There are strict time limits for making a compensation claim so it is important to act quickly. A claim may be possible where you or your relative have suffered a physical or mental injury, contracted a disease, developed an illness or died prematurely.
Our experienced medical negligence lawyers can help in a range of situations where injury or death has occurred as a result of mistakes made by hospital staff, GPs, dentists, opticians, cosmetic surgeons and healthcare professionals working in a hospital or care facility.
Our expertise includes handling:
- claims against hospitals and GPs for failing to spot serious illness, misdiagnosing a condition, carrying out inappropriate treatment, failing to provide the correct treatment, mistakes made in surgery, the mismanagement of pregnancy or childbirth, failing to seek a second opinion or to make a referral where justified, providing inadequate aftercare and the neglect of basic personal healthcare needs;
- claims against dentists for failing to spot gum disease or oral cancer, badly performed root canal treatment, the unnecessary removal of heathy teeth, temporary or permanent nerve damage and poor orthodontic work;
- claims against opticians for failing to spot eye cancer or other diseases likely to affect vision, unnecessarily prescribing glasses, failing to prescribe glasses where appropriate and fitting contact lenses where not recommended;
- claims against cosmetic surgeons for mistakes made in surgery or for providing unnecessary, inappropriate or poorly performed treatment or for using unlicensed products; and
- claims against care homes for failing to use specialist lifting equipment, not providing appropriate mobility aids, administering inappropriate medication, failing to provide required medication and failing to ensure general patient safety.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in hospital. Meetings via skype are also possible for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
Most medical negligence cases can be funded under a conditional fee agreement which means there will usually be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
For clients not eligible for conditional fee funding we can offer flexible payment terms to help you budget for the payment of legal fees. We can also offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £150 plus VAT.
Get in touch
If you need help to make a medical negligence claim, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.