If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s actions then you may be able to claim compensation for your pain and suffering, for any financial losses you have incurred and for any treatment or rehabilitation you require to help you on the road to recovery. You may also be able to claim compensation on behalf of a relative who has been injured or who has died in circumstances where someone else was to blame.
There are strict time limits for making a compensation claim for personal injury so it is important not to delay in seeking advice. A claim may be possible where you or your relative have suffered a physical or mental injury, contracted a disease, developed an illness or died prematurely.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help in a range of situations where injury or death has occurred as a result of negligence, including:
- accidents at work resulting in physical injury, including hearing damage or loss of a limb;
- mental injury sustained at work, for example severe stress brought on by a heavy workload;
- work-related illness, such as lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos;
- road traffic accidents resulting in injury or death;
- injury or death caused by the handling of faulty goods or inadequately performed services;
- injury or death sustained as a result of inadequately supervised or poorly maintained public spaces, including incidents of drowning in public swimming pools or tripping over uneven paving slabs;
- injury or death caused by mistakes made by medical professionals, including GPs, hospital staff, dentists, opticians and cosmetic surgeons;
- injury or death caused by routine vaccinations;
- injury or death caused by criminal behaviour where you or a relative have been the victim of a crime;
- injury or death resulting from mistreatment while you or a relative were in police custody; and
- injury or death caused by mistreatment while in a hospital, care home or residential setting.
Advising individuals throughout Gravesend, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in a hospital or care facility. Meetings via skype are also possible for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
Most personal injury cases can be funded under a conditional fee agreement which means there will usually be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
For clients not eligible for conditional fee funding we can offer flexible payment terms to help you budget for the payment of legal fees. We can also offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £260 plus VAT.
Get in touch with our personal injury solicitors in Gravesend, Kent
If you need help to make a personal injury claim, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.