Thank you for looking at our services for Immigration. We work with both individuals and businesses on all types of visa applications, as well as naturalisation and all other immigration issues.
Immigration law can be particularly complicated with regular changes to take into account, so if you find yourself in the position where you need to deal with any aspect of immigration law, it is understandable to feel confused and overwhelmed.
Having expert legal assistance from our immigration lawyers can help clear things up and allow you to quickly and efficiently sort out any issues you are facing regarding a visa or other immigration issues, whether as an employer or as an individual.
Our experienced team have an established reputation and exceptional expertise in dealing with all immigration matter for business, individuals and families. We can assist you with everything from the simplest visa application to handling more complex immigration matters. We aim to provide clear, practical advice tailored to your individual needs, so we can help you achieve your goals as quickly and simply as possible.
The fees involved can vary depending on the complexity of the matter. We offer both fixed fees and hourly rates, whereby you will be charged for each hour of work undertaken.
Our fees include:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Considering the supporting evidence, you have provided, which we anticipate will take 1 to 2 hours
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements from any relevant witnesses
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 4 hours
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 6 and 8 hours of work
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take
The firm’s hourly rates are:
- Partner: £260
- Solicitor: £240
- Trainee/Paralegal: £200
On average this type of work costs between £600 and £1,800 to complete, depending on the number of hours required to deal with your specific issue.
The exact number of hours will depend on the circumstances of your case such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying for other dependents
It will be helpful if, at our first meeting, you are able to provide any evidence needed to meet the applicable Immigration Rules. This will help us speed up the process and assist us in keeping costs to the lower end of the range.
Application for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981 over 18yrs of age
Application for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981 under 18yrs of age
Applications for business sponsorship license
Applications for work, business or study under the points- based system
Applications on behalf of EEA nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications
for permanent residence, residence cards and registration certifications
Dependent relative or family reunion applications
Spouse/partner applications including fiance(e)s or proposed civil partners
Student and work experience visas
Visit visas (visiting friends/family or for tourism
Appeals to the first tier tribunal - for immigration issues
Appeals to the first tier tribunal - for deportation cases
Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long-term residence.
Our fees do not include the cost of an interpreter as these are difficult to estimate. The range of hours required will usually be between 2 and 15 hours, however, this depends on the complexity of your case and we will need to discuss this with you further.
We would recommend where possible that you bring a friend or trusted community figure to assist you. We will recommend an interpreter for you where required, however if you know of someone you would prefer to use, we can of course accommodate this.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees - we handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
£100 - £250
Independent expert fees, such as medical expert
£750 - £1,500
In the event that the issues become more complex and there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If there is an interview and we are required to attend with you there will be additional disbursements in respect of travel/mileage expenses.
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any administrative review or appeal.
As you will appreciate, the timescales involved will depend on how long the Home Office take to process your application. You can read the current processing times at https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times.
Typically, we will submit this type of application within 1 to 2 weeks of you instructing us and we will advise you if it is going to take longer at the earliest opportunity.
All applications are based on an individual case and we will be able to provide a more accurate estimate once we have further information available about your specific case.
There are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Initial meeting
- Arranging interpreters, experts (at additional charge)
- Preparation and submission of any application
- Advising on outcome of application