The UK is protective of its borders and as such has stringent controls in place to manage immigration. The rules can be complicated to navigate and given that the stakes can be extremely high for people wanting to live, work or settle in the UK, it pays to get professional advice.
Some people have an automatic right to come to the UK as a result of their nationality or under international agreements. Others will need specific permission to enter and remain and extensive checks will be required to verify eligibility.
Our immigration lawyers can advise you on whether permission is needed and, if so, will help you gather the documents necessary to support your application, including notarising those documents if necessary to prove their authenticity.
They can assist with:
- establishing your right to live or work in the UK without restriction under a recognised right of abode or via a certificate of entitlement;
- helping family members join you in the UK under a family visa;
- applying for settled status to enable you and your family to continue to remain in the UK for as long as you like;
- applying for naturalization or British citizenship;
- applying for a student, work or business visa under the UK points-based system;
- visitor or tourist visa applications;
- ancestry visas;
- arranging a sponsorship license where you have been offered specialist or temporary work under the Tier 1 or Tier 5 entry rules;
- helping you or a family member with your asylum claim;
- dealing with appeals against denial of entry, refusal of an application for leave to remain or an order for deportation;
- applying for a residence card or permanent residence as an EEA national; or
- applying for a residence card or permanent residence as a family member or extended family member of an EEA national.
We can also advise employers on immigration issues via our business immigration service.
Fixed Cost Initial Appointment
We offer an initial appointment of up to 1 hour to discuss your requirements from £220 – £375 plus VAT depending on your solicitor’s experience.
Get in touch with our immigration law solicitors in Gravesend, Kent
If your need immigration advice, please get in touch to see how we can help. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.
Advising individuals throughout Gravesend, Kent and beyond
An appointment can also be arranged at a detention centre or via telephone if needed.