If you are in dispute with another person or organisation it can be difficult to know what to do, particularly where attempts to reach a compromise have failed. Possible options include the appointment of an independent mediator to help broker a deal or taking your case to court and asking a judge to decide the rights and wrongs of what has gone on.
Whatever the situation, your first step should be to speak to a civil litigation solicitor familiar with the type of problem you are experiencing and who can talk you through your options for resolving it.
Our civil litigation lawyers have been helping people resolve problems through the courts and via alternative dispute resolution techniques for many years. So, whether you are in dispute with your landlord or neighbours or have fallen out with family members or a building contractor, our team of specialists are here to support you and help you reach a pragmatic solution.
Our dispute resolution experts can help with:
- property disputes, including those concerning the location of boundaries and rights of access;
- problems between landlords and tenants around issues such as the return of deposit monies or claims of unlawful eviction;
- disputes about a will or an inheritance;
- disputes about the administration of an estate or probate;
- claims of professional negligence against architects, surveyors, accountants, lawyers and other professionals;
- claims that your privacy has been infringed or that your data protection rights have been breached;
- claims against trustees and executors for failing to act appropriately or abusing their position of trust;
- claims for substandard building work;
- contract disputes;
- employment problems;
- debt and bankruptcy issues; and
- infringement of your civil liberties, including where you or a loved one have been unlawfully detained by the police, a hospital or in a care home.
The lawyers in our personal injury and medical negligence teams can help if you have been involved in an accident at work or injured on the roads, in a public place or while in the care of a medical professional. They can also help if you or a loved one have been injured as a result of criminal activity or while trying to prevent a crime or help to apprehend an offender.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in a hospital, care home, police station or prison. Meetings via skype are also possible for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
For personal injury and medical negligence claims conditional fee agreements may be possible which will usually mean there will be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
Get in touch
If you need help with a civil litigation matter, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.