Russell has specialised in defending criminal cases for over 20 years. He has been on the criminal solicitor’s duty rota since 2000. Whether you are attending the police station or court he will expertly advise you and strive to get the best result possible for you.
From the outset he will advise you regarding the allegation you face. He will explain the law to you, how this applies to your matter and the procedure at either the police station or court. If you are due at the police station or court it is vital to obtain expert advice before attending as it is this first attendance which will determine how your matter progresses.
Relying upon his depth of knowledge gained over many years of experience of handling matters in the criminal justice system Russell can assist you with the following matters at the police station or court:-
- murder, manslaughter or causing death by dangerous driving;
- assault, including grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm;
- sexual offences, including rape, child exploitation or the downloading of indecent images;
- domestic violence, including coercive and controlling behaviour;
- harassment and stalking;
- drug possession, drug dealing or drug importation;
- possession of an offensive weapon or bladed article;
- theft, ranging from shoplifting to stealing from your employer;
- fraud and other crimes of dishonesty; or
- motoring offences, dangerous and careless driving, including speeding, driving without insurance, drink and drug driving offences or failing to stop after an accident.
He can also represent you at trial, a sentencing hearing or if you wish to appeal against a conviction or sentence.
Examples of recent cases
Russell has recently:
- a client at the police station who was facing a grievous bodily harm matter. Following advice and representations to the investigating team the client was refused charge;
- represented an appellant for a serious assault matter which was successfully appealed against conviction;
- secured the acquittal of a defendant facing allegations of assault and criminal damage at trial.
Advising individuals and businesses across Kent
Russell is based in our Maidstone office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Russell, please call 01474 351199 or email email@example.com.
Advice at the police station is free, regardless of your income or savings. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help where you are charged with an offence and the case will go to court. Even if you are not entitled to legal aid the court could appoint a solicitor to undertake cross examination of potentially vulnerable witnesses at no cost to yourself.
For privately paying clients we can offer an initial appointment to see Russell from £95, plus of VAT.