Home is where the heart is, or so the saying goes, but when a property-related dispute arises home may be the last place you want to be. Whether you are in dispute with your neighbour about your right to use a shared driveway or with your landlord over their refusal to carry out urgent repairs, dealing with a conflict that affects your home life can be extremely distressing and emotionally draining.
The good news is that most property disputes can be resolved fairly quickly with specialist legal advice. Sometimes all that is required to achieve a solution is a letter from a solicitor. In other cases, it might be that the help of an independent expert is needed to broker a deal.
Whatever your situation our property dispute resolution lawyers are here to help.
We can assist with a range of property disputes relating to:
- boundary disputes;
- rights of access and rights of way;
- nuisance stemming from neighbouring property, including failure to stop the spread of Japanese knotweed;
- problem neighbours, including claims of anti-social behaviour and harassment;
- home improvements that have gone wrong, including disputes with architects, surveyors, structural engineers and builders;
- planning policies or conditions affecting land you would like to develop;
- development agreements concerning land you have agreed to sell;
- restrictions that affect the use of your land, such as a prohibition on the conversion of an outbuilding;
- possession claims;
- attempts by your mortgage company to repossess your home;
- disputes about the ownership of land, particularly in cases of joint ownership;
- your rights versus the rights of anyone else who owns or rents the house you live in; and
- landlord and tenant issues and leasehold disputes, for example related to the terms of your lease or tenancy agreement, the return of rent deposit monies, a refusal to carry out urgent repairs or attempts to unlawfully evict you.
Wherever possible we will try to reach an amicable agreement with the person you are in dispute with and will encourage the use of negotiation and mediation to achieve this. Where an amicable solution is not possible we will advise you on your options, including making a claim at court.
If you need help to resolve a dispute about a commercial property you own, or if you are a landlord in need of assistance, our commercial property dispute resolution lawyers are on hand to provide advice and support.
Advising individuals throughout Gravesend, Kent and beyond
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £260 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch with our residential property solicitors in Gravesend, Kent
If you need help with a residential property dispute, or with a general residential conveyancing matter, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01474 351199 or use our contact form and we will call you.