Owning or occupying a commercial property can be challenging at times, particularly when problems crop up that have the potential to disrupt your business activities or to affect your finances. Tackling problems as soon as they arise is the key to achieving a swift resolution and is especially important for disputes that can soon get out hand.
Problems can be encountered in a range of situations, including where a proposed sale of commercial property has fallen through and there is disagreement about the consequences, or where the terms of a commercial lease are unclear and there is disagreement about issues such as rights of assignment or entitlement to exercise a break clause.
Our property dispute resolution lawyers can provide advice and support with any type of commercial property problem that has the potential to cause conflict or which has already resulted in dispute.
Taking a conciliatory approach wherever possible, but ready to defend your legal rights and commercial interests through the courts if necessary, our solicitors can assist with disputes relating to:
- the location of boundaries;
- right of access and rights of way;
- adjoining property, including disputes about contamination and environmental damage;
- property insurance claims;
- business rates, including eligibility to apply for reliefs and exemptions;
- development issues, including those arising out of option agreements, overage agreements and conditional sale contracts;
- planning matters;
- professional negligence claims against architects, surveyors, structural engineers and construction companies;
- the sale and purchase of commercial property; and
- landlord and tenant issues, including disputes concerning rent deposits, authorised guarantee agreements, the exercise of break clauses, breaches of lease terms, requests for assignment or subletting, the carrying out of alterations or repairs, forfeiture and possession proceedings, applications for lease renewal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and tenant insolvency issues.
If you need help to resolve a dispute about a residential property you own or occupy, our residential property dispute resolution lawyers are on hand to provide advice and support.
Advising businesses throughout Gravesend, Kent and beyond
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your place of business or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £280 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch with our commercial property solicitors in Gravesend, Kent
If you need help with a commercial property dispute, or with a general commercial property matter, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01474 35 11 99 or use our contact form and we will call you.