Nick has been a Solicitor with the firm since 1967, he retired as a partner at the end of March 2016 to become a consultant. He specialises in the sale, purchase and leasing of residential and commercial property. He has over 50 years’ experience and consequent depth of knowledge in the areas in which he specialises.
Nick approaches his work methodically and considers himself to be very thorough in all matters in which he is instructed. He guides his clients through the property transaction and ensures that the client understands what is happening during the course of the whole transaction. Nick is always conscious that at the end of the day the client wants to do a deal and will use his best endeavours to ensure that the matter reaches a satisfactory conclusion, no matter how complex it is.
Nick can assist with:-
- the sale or purchase of a house or flat, including those covered by a shared ownership arrangement and a Help to Buy or Right to Buy initiative;
- the leasing of a house or flat, including negotiating the initial tenancy agreement and applying for a lease extension via leasehold enfranchisement;
- the sale or purchase of an auction property;
- the purchase of a new build property, including where you intend to buy off-plan;
- remortgage arrangements;
- the transfer of equity in your home to another person; and
- changing property ownership arrangements for people who own property jointly but who instead want to own distinct shares.
- the sale and purchase of commercial property;
- the grant, renewal and termination of commercial lease;
- the process of constructing a site for housing or commercial use, including assistance with negotiating the purchase of land, applying for planning permission, site development and subsequent plot sales and tenancy arrangements;
- the negotiation of conditional sale contracts, options and overage agreements for potential development land;
- the redevelopment of agricultural property.
Examples of recent cases
- Nick has recently assisted a family purchase of land which included a farm house, woodland and trackways which were conveyed to three separate parties and which had very complex titles.
- Representing a client in obtaining an underlease to a commercial premises
- Assisting with a client entering into an option agreement with a developer with rental agreement aspect for land in Wales.
Advising individuals and business across Kent
Nick is based in our Tenterden office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Nick, please call 01474 351199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of residential conveyancing and commercial property advice depends on your requirements. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.