Nigel is a partner specialising in the sale, purchase and leasing of residential and commercial property. He has over 40 years’ experience and a wealth of knowledge that sets him apart from many others in his field.
Calm and collected, but with a good sense of humour, Nigel with guide you through your property transaction and ensure you understand what is happening every step of the way. If a problem arises he will work hard to solve it and ensure everything remains on track. He is, as his clients say, a safe pair of hands guaranteed to get the job done.
Nigel acts for private home buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, private companies and SMEs and a number of residential and commercial property developers.
Nigel can assist with:
- the sale or purchase of a house or flat, including those covered by a shared ownership arrangement and a Help to Buy or Right to Buy initiative;
- the leasing of a house or flat, including negotiating the initial tenancy agreement and applying for a lease extension via leasehold enfranchisement;
- the sale or purchase of an auction property;
- the purchase of a new build property, including where you intend to buy off-plan;
- remortgaging arrangements;
- the transfer of equity in your home to another person; and
- changing property ownership arrangements for people who own property jointly but who instead want to own distinct shares.
- the sale and purchase of commercial property;
- the grant, renewal and termination of commercial leases;
- the process of constructing a site for housing or commercial use, including assistance with negotiating the purchase of land, applying for planning permission, site development and subsequent plot sales and tenancy arrangements;
- the negotiation of conditional sale contracts, options and overage agreements for potential development land;
- new build and conversion projects; and
- the redevelopment of agricultural property.
Examples of recent cases
Nigel has recently:
- helped a commercial client negotiate a lease from their existing landlord which allowed them to remain in their current premises, despite having been served with a notice to quit, so that they could continue to trade while their new premises were being completed;
- obtained a statutory declaration from a market stall holder in London which enabled them to sell their market pitch despite the fact their legal entitlement to the pitch had not been registered in circumstances where it should have been; and
- successfully negotiated a license on behalf of the buyers of a house which enabled them to move in before legal completion of their purchase following the unexpected death of the seller and the consequent need for completion to be delayed until a grant of probate had been obtained.
Advising individuals and businesses across Kent
Nigel is based in our Maidstone office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Nigel, please call 01474 351199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of residential conveyancing and commercial property advice depends on your requirements. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.