Marium is currently on maternity leave.
Marium is a solicitor who specialises in helping people put their legal affairs in order, both during their lifetime and upon their death. She understands the worries and challenges clients face and uses her best endeavors to put the clients mind at ease and undertake the tasks ahead with upmost integrity and professionalism.
For clients worried about what may happen if they become unable to make decisions for themselves, either as a result of an accident or a progressive mental illness like dementia, Marium can ensure lasting powers of attorney are put in place, together with an advance decision on medical treatment where a client is clear that they do not want to receive life-sustaining treatment. For clients who have lost their capacity and are unable to make sound decisions Marium can assist by providing the necessary help and guidance in preparing a Court of Protection application. For those keen to ensure that their loved ones are well cared for when they die and that no more inheritance tax than necessary needs to be paid, she ensures wills are prepared and tax planning advice is provided. For those families that are grieving having lost a loved one or one that was close to them she can help relieve the stress and ease the burden by undertaking the Probate and Administration that is incurred as a result of the deceased’s passing.
Marium can specifically help with:
- making a will – to ensure your money and property goes to those you have chosen to receive it;
- lasting powers of attorney – to ensure that if you become unable to make decisions for yourself someone you trust has authority to make them for you;
- tax planning – to ensure you take advantage of tax allowances to maximise the value of what you can pass on to loved ones before inheritance tax becomes payable; and
- Court of protection – to ensure those who do not have the capacity of making decisions on their behalf are cared for and catered for. To ensure that their finances are in order and working closely with the families to ensure everything is accounted for.
Examples of recent cases
Marium has recently:
- undertaken a probate whereby the relatives and family of the deceased live abroad and were unable to deal with assets held in the UK;
- made various visits to a client who resides in a hospice to serve and explain to her the Court of Protection made on her behalf enabling the firm to manage her finances and ensure that the client’s needs were being met and she was being cared for; and
- ensuring that a client has been able to take full advantage of the reliefs available to the estate regarding inheritance tax in her will by understanding the clients wishes and drafting the will to reflect such wishes accordingly.
Wills, trusts and probate advice across Kent
Marium is based in our Gravesend office and advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Marium, please call 01474 351199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi
The cost of making a will or a lasting power of attorney will depend on your circumstances. We are happy to provide a quotation after discussing your requirements. Should you require further information on Probate and Administration please do not hesitate to contact us.