Devon is a highly versatile STEP Certified Chartered Legal Executive in the Private Client team at Hatten Wyatt and has over four years’ experience in dealing with a broad range of private client matters including Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection and Deputyship matters, Trusts, Probate and Inheritance Tax cases.
Devon enjoys being able to help clients whilst consistently striving to deliver the highest levels of satisfaction. She adopts a practical, but yet sensitive approach when advising clients and thrives on dealing with unexpected situations and finding optimal solutions to complex matters.
Devon has an outstanding record of achieving desired results for clients and specialises in:
- preparing Wills for individuals, families and small business owners
- preparing Powers of Attorney; registering Enduring Powers of Attorney and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- preparing Court of Protection applications, and handling day to day Deputyship duties
- administration of Estates, including applications for Grant of Probate and estates liable to Inheritance Tax
- dealing with estates with no valid Will in place
- advising clients on Trust documents including Personal Injury Trusts and care fees
Examples of recent cases
Devon has recently:
- Resolved case regarding a valid Will for which all named beneficiaries were deceased. Conducted a thorough investigation including DNA testing which revealed 18 distant relatives. Conducted activities, which ensured settlement of inheritance tax liability, and enabled legacy to a family friend without incurring Inheritance Tax. Ultimately distributed the substantial estate to all 18 beneficiaries
- Assisted the parents of a severely disabled adult with a life limiting condition to obtain a rare Court of Protection Order, appointing them as Deputies which gave them final say in matters relating to their son’s Health & Personal Welfare
- Administered the estate of a wealthy widow worth in excess of £15 million
- Prepared life interest trust Wills for couple with children from previous relationships
- Administered an estate where the deceased held a number of assets in different jurisdictions
- Prepared Personal Injury Trust for a woman on means tested benefits awarded compensation from a successful clinical negligence claim
- Prepared Discretionary Trust Wills for a couple with disabled daughter in order to safeguard daughter’s inheritance
Wills, Trusts and Probate advice across Kent
Devon is based in our Gravesend office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Devon, please call 01474 351199 or email email@example.com.
The cost of making a will, a lasting power of attorney or court of protection application will depend on your circumstances. We are happy to provide a quotation after discussing your requirements.