Cyrus is a solicitor specialising in criminal law, who has spent nearly 20 years defending individuals and businesses accused of committing crimes and always goes the extra mile for his clients. Before joining Hatten Wyatt, Cyrus spent a decade working a large criminal practice, where he honed his skills.
Cyrus explains the law to his clients in simple language and ensuring that a robust defence strategy is employed to maximise their chances of success. He has an excellent working knowledge of the law and criminal practice, which he puts to good use to benefit his clients.
Cyrus has considerable experience of representing clients at the police station, where his planning for a trial usually starts and at the magistrates’ court, where he argues each client’s case fully and persuasively.
Cyrus has also got considerable experience of preparing for crown court trials, having had personal conduct of cases including:
- murder, manslaughter or causing death by dangerous driving;
- assault, including grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm;
- sexual offences, including rape, child exploitation or the downloading of indecent images;
- domestic violence, including coercive and controlling behaviour;
- harassment and stalking;
- drug possession, drug dealing or drug importation;
- possession of an offensive weapon or bladed article;
- theft, ranging from shoplifting to stealing from your employer;
- fraud and other crimes of dishonesty; or
- motoring offences, including speeding, driving without insurance or failing to stop after an accident.
Over the years Cyrus has had personal conduct of several high profile cases that have been widely reported in the media and in official case reports.
Examples of Notable/Reported Cases
- Murder case in which bride of 28 days allegedly murdered her husband
- Murder case in which the Crown accepted a plea of manslaughter (diminished responsibility)
- Conduct of multi-million pound money laundering case connected to an erstwhile Governor of a state overseas
- Acquittal of defendants in a multi-handed rape case
- Robbery case in which it was successfully argued on appeal that the client was not “Dangerous” – indeterminate sentence quashed
- Acquittal of rape secured in “cold case” in which DNA allegedly linked the client to an attack 25 years previously
Advising individuals and businesses across Kent
Cyrus is based in our Gravesend office, but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Cyrus, please call 01474 35 1199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice at the police station is free, regardless of your income or savings. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help when you have been charged with an offence and the case will go to court.
For privately paying clients we can offer an initial appointment to see Cyrus from £95, Plus VAT.