Carole is a family law specialist with over 25 years’ experience and who is committed to help families try to develop solutions to their very different difficulties.
Wherever possible Carole tries to find amicable solutions to family disputes, but where court proceedings are required she will guide you through the process to ensure your interests are protected and decisions are made in a cost effective manner.
Carole advises on the following areas of family law:
- relationship breakdown – helping couples through separation, divorce or the dissolution of a civil partnership.
- financial settlements – to ensure appropriate financial arrangements are made as part of a separation, divorce or dissolution process and that sensitive issues around the family home and pension sharing are resolved
- disputes about children – helping to agree matters such as where children should live, who they should spend time with and arrangements where one parent intends to move away
- parenting issues – in cases where a parental responsibility order from the court may be required to ensure both parents have an equal say about decisions affecting their children’s lives, or where there are issues around fertility and surrogacy;
- family care proceedings – where parents have been warned their children may be taken into care or put up for adoption
- wealth protection – to safeguard the financial interests of unmarried couples through a cohabitation agreement and couples who plan to marry via a prenuptial agreement
- family safeguarding – providing support in cases of domestic violence or abuse
Examples of recent cases
Recently Carole has:
- assisted a husband to retain primary care of his children and ownership of the family home
- assisted a mother to make arrangements for her children to retain a relationship with their father in a protected environment following a history of domestic abuse
- successfully resisted applications by a wife for injunction orders against her husband
- ensured a mother was able to continue caring for her children in a case where social services were seeking to remove them from the family home.
Recent reported cases
JB v KS (2015) 2FLR 1180
Carole successfully represented a father of a child conceived by sperm donation to a lesbian woman ; Orders for Rectification of the Birth Register, Parental Responsibility and Contact were obtained in the High Court.
Family law advice across Kent
Carole is based in our Gravesend office but advises clients throughout Kent; Carole also advises clients from overseas including Australia.
To contact Carole, please call 01474 351199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal Aid
We offer an initial appointment with Carole to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget. Legal aid may also be available in certain cases and is normally always available for defending care proceedings and taking steps to protect against domestic violence or child abuse.