Bob has a vast amount of experience in the Criminal Justice System having worked for Customs & Excise (HMRC), Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and Leslie Franks Solicitors (defence) and has quickly established himself as a talented and skilful solicitor in the field of criminal defence. Bob has joined the team with Hatten Wyatt Solicitors & Advocates in October 2019.
Bob has experience in the full range of criminal litigation allegations and has strong advocacy skills which has resulted in high acquittal rates in the Magistrates Court and the Youth Court and is highly recommended by clients. This has also led to regular referrals from existing, old clients and from his legal peers.
He has significant experience of representing clients from all different backgrounds including those with mental health problems, addiction or other vulnerability issues. Bob is the author of the book Chess and Criminal Trials.
Bob can assist you with the following matters at court:
- assault, including grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm;
- domestic violence, including coercive and controlling behaviour;
- drug possession, drug dealing or drug importation;
- education act offences
- fraud and other crimes of dishonesty;
- harassment and stalking;
- means enquiry for non-payment of fine;
- motoring offences, dangerous and careless driving, including speeding, driving without insurance, drink and drug driving offences or failing to stop after an accident.
- money laundering;
- murder, manslaughter or causing death by dangerous driving;
- possession of an offensive weapon or bladed article;
- public order offences;
- sexual offences, including rape, child exploitation or the downloading of indecent images; or
- theft, ranging from shoplifting to stealing from your employer;
He can also represent you at your first appearance, a sentencing hearing or if you wish to appeal against a conviction and/or sentence.
Examples of recent cases
- represented a client who received a complete remittance following a means enquiry hearing at court;
- successfully argued for the court to look outside the sentencing guidelines and client was given a conditional discharge following conviction at a trial;
- secured the acquittal (on all counts) of a client facing allegations involving joint enterprise of fraud and robbery at trial.
Advising individuals and businesses across Essex and Kent
Bob is based in our Gravesend Office but advises to clients throughout Kent.
To contact Bob, please call 01474 351199 or email Bamidele.Bodede@hatten-wyatt.com
We offer an initial appointment with Bob to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help where you are charged with an offence and the case will go to court. Even if you are not entitled to legal aid, the court could appoint a solicitor to undertake cross examination of potentially vulnerable witnesses at no cost to yourself.